Account Manager – Passionate and Highly Scientific Medical Communications Agency – Central Manchester – Competitive DoE
This independent, collaborative agency is based in modern central Manchester offices. This company has around 40 permanent team members split across two offices, and work across a wide range of innovative projects.
- This agency works across the full range of medical communications deliverables, including meeting, events, digital, interactive databases, apps, websites and some manuscripts.
- The therapy areas this agency works across include haematology, gene therapy, immunology, neurology and cardiology. This agency is known for being highly scientific.
- This agency is close-knit and has a great social side, they have monthly drinks in Manchester, pub lunches, potluck themed lunches and annual offsite while company meetings and activities.
- This agency is recognised for its fantastic client retention rates, they still work with many of the same clients as when they opened 15 years ago.
- This agency has industry leading benefits, encourages a healthy work life balance, and is happy for team members to do some homeworking.
This Account Manager role involves managing the relationships between the med comms agency and multiple budget-holding clients to ensure internal teams fully understand their objectives and deliver medical communications projects to meet the client’s needs. This role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Provide financial management of assigned accounts, including invoicing and reconciliations to meet the needs of the client
- Develop project timelines to ensure delivery on schedule and to client satisfaction
- Liaise with clients and provide status updates and advice on activities
- Work closely with the editorial team to ensure that each project is clearly defined, and appropriate data are available to allow the Editorial team to understand and deliver the project
- Lead specific projects, overseeing planning and execution. These projects are likely to be of significant strategic importance, enhance client relationships or lead to new business opportunities
- Line management of Project Coordinator(s) and working alongside other line managers to manage the work of all of the Project Coordinator team.
To apply for this Account Manager, position our client was hoping for applicants with the following skills and experiences.
- Experience working in a medical communications agency, either as an Account Manager, or a Senior Account Executive ready to take the next step.
- Confident taking the lead on projects and liaising directly with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Budget and timeline management experience
- Confident managing more junior team members.
What should you do next?
This Account Manager role is one not to be missed; it encompasses the opportunity to take the lead on a range of innovative projects as part of a collaborative medical communications team. To discuss further, please submit your current CV.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.