Scientific Lead - Medical Communications Agency - Cheshire - £50k-£60k + substantial bonus
This Scientific Lead vacancy would suit a strong Senior Medical Writer ready to step up or a Principal Medical Writer looking to expand their responsibilities and develop their knowledge working alongside some very senior medical communications professionals.
After incredible year on year success, this agency offers:
- COMMUNITY - A friendly, social environment with regular social events and onsite activities. The great culture is proven by their remarkable employee retention rate, who else can say they have grown by 74 people in 4 years whilst only losing five employees?
- PROGRESSION - A thorough 8 stage induction process tailored to the individual, ongoing development and training for all levels, a number of progression opportunities beyond Scientific Lead
- EXPOSURE - Work closely with the Directors and senior leadership team, expanding on the experience and knowledge you've gained to date
- BENEFITS - A substantial benefits package including bonus scheme (pays out 18-21% annually), pension scheme, healthcare, 25 days annual leave raising to 30 days after 5 years' service
- PERKS - Great facilities onsite including coffee shops, restaurant, breakout areas and a gym
As a Scientific Lead you will be responsible for:
- Line managing a team, quality checking work and providing feedback
- Leading on accounts as the clients point of contact from an editorial perspective
- Working across therapy areas: Respiratory, Oncology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Disease Education
- Deliverables: 30-50% meetings, 15-20% publications, remaining work: medical education, digital, training apps, websites
- Lead onsite client meeting activities
- Assisting in the development of project costings, specifications and forecasting
To be considered for this Scientific Lead vacancy you will be able to demonstrate:
- Science related qualification, ideally PhD or MSc
- Experience working as a Senior Medical Writer or Principal Medical Writer in a medical communications agency setting
- Experience either line managing or mentoring with the desire to line manage
- Experience reviewing work
If you don't wish to line manage and/or don't enjoy client liaison, there is also a Principal Medical Writer vacancy whereby you will purely focus on writing. Please apply with your CV, and we can discuss other options.
What should you do next?
This Scientific Lead vacancy would suit a strong Senior Medical Writer ready to step up or a Principal Medical Writer looking to expand their responsibilities and develop their knowledge working alongside some very senior medical communications professionals. I'm currently working on lots of other exciting Medical Communications jobs too, so if this role isn't quite right for you give me a call to see what else might be a good fit.
Please apply for an initial, informal call to discuss the company and opportunity in more detail to see if it is a good match for you. Your details won’t be shared with the client without your consent.
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there.
Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.