Senior/Principal Statistician - Specialist CRO - Oxfordshire - £Salary is flexible depending on experience
*Interviews and onboarding will be completely remotely*
A new position for a Principal Statistician has become available with a ground breaking a high-quality, successful consulting and contract company, near Oxford, UK. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting and interesting projects. Their working environment is enjoyable and friendly, with a strong emphasis on maintaining a good work-life balance. This company are looking to expand their team of carefully selected and experienced permanent staff who support their pharmaceutical and biotech clients with either a Senior or Principal Statistician. They will also consider a more senior leadership role for the right candidate.
- An opportunity to join a dynamic company and to broaden your experience by working on a varied and diverse range of projects
- Opportunities to improve and keep up to date with your statistics skills through training course and conference attendance
- A highly competitive salary, with annual bonus based on company performance
- Flexible working and good work-life balance, including working from home as an option
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Constructing advanced statistical models, data management & cleaning and data integration.
- Providing statistical expertise to proactively contribute to study design, data preparation and analyses.
- Working closely and collaboratively with a wider team of machine learning researchers and clinical researchers.
- Preparation of reports and presentation of research.
- Performing and coordinating statistical activities for a wide range of varied and interesting client team-based and consultancy projects.
- Providing strategic and/or tactical input and advice to clients on matters concerned with their statistical needs.
- Performing a large range of statistical activities (e.g. statistical consultancy, SAP development) and SAS programming for, and producing, efficacy and safety tables, listings, figures, and analyses.
- Have effective written and oral communications skills; must have a flexible and collaborative approach to work, and must be articulate in explanations and communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients, management, and colleagues
- Have a statistics-related degree, and ideally educated to MSc level
- Have a high level of proficiency in statistical aspects of designing and analysing clinical studies, as well as good SAS programming skills
- Ideally have at least five years' (Senior Statistician) or 10 years' (Principal Statistician) experience in a statistical role within a drug development environment
- Having CDISC experience is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience in a CRO or consultancy is desirable, but not essential
What should you do next?
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job within the European Union, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work there. Carrot Pharma Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Business and an Employment Agency on behalf of our client in recruitment for this role.